Saturday, February 27, 2021

Time for a Little Catch Up

 Well now, it's been a while since I added anything to this blog, and there have been several good reasons for that.
First off, just the title of this blog has been impacted by Covid. Can't really do any road trips, so the Road Food portion is kinda off the table. Classic Rock and Roll, also not really available, as concerts have been another victim of Covid. I think the last show Karen and I went to was Micky Dolenz here in Roslyn NY, just about a year ago. And as for the Classic Cars, well, again, most car shows and cruise nights were cancelled due to Covid. I only drove the Barracuda twice last summer before parking it on the driveway for the off season.
So it was a bad year for the topics I love blogging about, and as of this date, things are still pretty much shut down. We've got the vaccines available now, and we're all hopeful that as folks get them, things will slowly get better. For now though, we're still in 'sit and wait' mode.

And, as a lot of you know, I've had another little distraction to deal with, as I was diagnosed last September with colon cancer. During a routine checkup, a blockage was discovered in my colon, and it turned out to be cancerous. Quite an eye opener, especially for someone who's been blessed with good health for most of my life. No heart issues, no diabetes, no breathing issues; just the occasional little bump in the road.
So the last six months have been filled with a couple of surgeries, a round of chemotherapy, and a lot of praying. Happily, I'm at the point where the tumor has been removed, all margins and lymph nodes are clear, and it's just another round of chemotherapy and one surgery to get past this stuff. The chemo will begin in late March, and continue until early summer. With any luck, I'll be back on my feet by early August; still some summer left, and who knows, maybe by then we'll be able to travel a bit, or perhaps the car culture will kick off again. We'll see.

So now that I've updated things, I'll do my best to pop online and post every week or so. I've missed writing this blog, and am looking forward to getting back into the routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment