Thursday, May 15, 2014

Browsing through my "Facebook" connections late last night, and came across a post from The Real Peter Tork page, referencing an interview Peter did with "Parade" magazine in anticipation of the upcoming Monkees tour. In it, the interviewer asked Peter what his favorite Monkees tune is. To nobody's surprise, he said that his favorite "hit" is Pleasant Valley Sunday, he's always favored that song, for the content as well as the performance. Peter also said that he is looking forward to doing "Shades Of Gray" on the new tour. Now that's an interesting comment, as the guys haven't performed that song since the last Davy-Micky-Peter tour a few years back. So my take is that we're going to get a slightly different set on this show than we had the last two years. Interesting, and I am so looking forward to seeing the show in Huntington NY on May 25. 

Speaking of shows, I need to post a few words of praise here for the show Colin Blunstone did at City Winery in NYC on Tuesday night. After an odd little opening act, Colin came out with a terrific band - the lead guitar player and drummer who normally play with the touring Zombies band, a young bass player, and a terrific keyboard player. He wasn't quite Rod Argent, but he acquitted himself very well on all of the songs.
Colin was on stage for a long time, close to two hours, and the set was terrific. Some tunes from his new album, old songs that he'd released as a solo artist, and a couple of Zombies songs as well. His voice was very strong, very impressive, he sounded even better than he did when we saw him last August, and he really interacted with the audience quite well. His range and power were very dynamic, and at the end of the set, I was really happy that we'd made the effort to see him. As I noted in my last post, I wasn't sure what he was going to do, but boy, he did a great set, and did it damn well!


Next week, I'll have some information on the 'conversion' of my new car. I've decided that since Chrysler wouldn't sell me a Barracuda, I'm going to 'make' my own. You'd be surprised, or maybe you wouldn't, at what you can get on the internet!

No comments:

Post a Comment