Friday, May 9, 2014

This week has been busy, I've spent it running all over the Metro area with my buddy Timothy from TMI Salt Pure, who's based out in Port Orchard, WA. Haven't had a lot of time to do anything much with cars or road food, but we did discuss a lot of good old Vintage Rock and Roll. Timothy was telling me of some of the performers he's seen lately out his way. Some good names, and a lot of folks he said were great, but that I really didn't know. Anyway, it got me thinking about how lucky we are here in the NYC area, with all the great venues we have - Theater at Westbury, Boulton Center, The Paramount, BB King's, Highline Ballroom, City Winery, all of the great College Venues - we are really blessed, because with so many different places, of all different sizes, we attract loads of great talent.

I've never sat down and listed all of the acts that I've seen through the years, but since I did that with all of the cars I've owned, and that was a pretty fun list, I think maybe I'll have to do that one of these days. Or, several of these days, as I'm sure there are way too many to remember at just one sitting. Still, seems like a worthwhile waste of time to me, so that's now on the to do list.


And speaking of 'to do', or maybe 'going to do', Karen and I are going to see Colin Blunstone, lead singer of the Zombies, on Tuesday night at City Winery in NYC. We've really enjoyed seeing The Zombies over the past few years, and Colin's voice is still quite strong and dynamic. As this will be his first ever solo tour, we're curious as to what he'll perform, and who'll back him up. Should be fun! Meantime, here's a clip of Colin, Rod Argent, and the rest of the current band doing "Tell Her No" from a 2013 show up in Washington State.

No comments:

Post a Comment