Monday, September 8, 2014

Hi gang, just a short post to bring you up to date on things here in blog-land. I've been back in NY for almost two weeks now, and doubtless you've noticed that I hadn't posted anything new.
For those of you in the family, you know why; for those who don't, we had a very sad passing the weekend before Labor Day. My brother in law Bob was involved in a canoe accident near his home in PA, and tragically drowned while attempting to swim to safety.
In addition to being a great brother in law to me, Bob had also been a good friend. He gave me lots of good advice through the years, about business dealings, computer issues, and just life in general. Although we hadn't visited in person much in the last couple of years, we were in touch through email and messaging. In fact, until just this past March, Bob had been helping me out with my business web site.
Bob's family put together a lovely memorial service for him last weekend, and it was as we all think Bob would have liked; family and friends celebrating his love of life, of exploring new things, of 'adventuring'. So we're doing our best to move on, all the while remembering how important it is to keep memories of him alive.
As the days move on, I'll be getting back to posting thoughts on the usual topics that I cover here, though it may take a little while before things are really back to 'normal'; whatever that is.
For now though, I hope all of you who read this blog will take a moment or two to reflect on all of the blessings you have in your lives, to give thanks for them, and to commit to not wasting one precious moment of your lives on silly, inconsequential, or hurtful things. Embrace and enjoy every second of every day, as we all have seen in our lives, one never knows when those seconds will run out.

No comments:

Post a Comment